Thursday, June 21, 2012

What I have learned so far

So here it is, the end of the second day of orientation.. I type this as I sit on the cold concrete of a church basement surrounded by 33 bikes, these are the things I have learned:

1. You will spend 90% of the time dancing.











You may even learn how to Dougie.




2. This will be your best friend, and will always be around.


3. Shuttles to the Y for showers will give you more wildlife sightings than a ride through a wildlife preserve.

4. You will sweat all the time, even while not riding.

5. You will forget names once in a while... or quite often.

6. You will never have more fun at any orientation ever. The rest of the summer is looking to be great!


Here are some highlights from the past two days. Wednesday Bri and I rode from Catie's house in Kennebunkport to orientation in Portsmouth. I got sunburned. It was hot and there were more hills than I have ever seen in my life on a bike. But it was an awesome 35 mile ride through beautiful scenery.

We got to orientation and everyone made fast friends, we played some ice breakers as well as some ultimate.

The basement looks like this:

And the ride had some of this in it:

and this




Ferb made his first appearance



Thursday was spent doing some drills, then a shakedown ride, followed by showers.. Then we headed over the ReStore in town for a huge pizzaparty/disco dance off at an old converted roller rink complete with DJ booth. Laser tag games were donated from the awesome arcade next door. Also some hide and go seek as well as capture the flag was done.

Now we are all comfortably back in the church before sleeping, because tomorrow my friends, is a build day. The Saturday is our first ride day.


And before ending this post, here are the garmin analysis of the two rides I have done so far:




Until next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment